We have a strong and long-standing commitment to community service.
Our vision for building a fulfilling work environment depends not only on attracting challenging and complex legal work, but also on enabling and encouraging our professionals to participate in organizations that establish the community fabric in which we live, work and play. Our professionals donate hundreds of hours every year as board members and volunteers with local non-profit organizations. Life is more than work, and we are exceptionally proud of the communities where we and our families live and thrive.
Some examples of recent community service by our professionals are:
- Tom Rath Member, Advisory Committee, The New Hampshire Institute of Politics, St. Anselm College; Board of Directors and Past-Chairman, The New England Council; Republican National Delegate.
- Sherry Young Member and Former Chair, Board of Directors, Centrix Bank; Adjunct Faculty, Environmental Law, University of New Hampshire School of Law; Member, Board of Trustees, University of New Hampshire School of Law; Member, Board of Directors, New Hampshire Business and Industry Association; Founding Board Member, the New Hampshire Supreme Court Society; Member, Litigation Counsel of America, Trial Lawyer Honor Society.
- Mike Pignatelli Former Assistant Attorney General and Chief of Criminal Division; Past member of Nashua Police Commission; Former member, Nashua Board of Alderman; Past member of New Hampshire Judicial Council.
- Bill Ardinger Member, New Hampshire Board of Bar Examiners; Member, Board of Trustees, University System of New Hampshire; Member, New Hampshire Supreme Court Advisory Committee on Rules; Member, Concord Community Music School.
- Ken Bartholomew Co-Chair, Health Law Section of the New Hampshire Bar Association; Member and Chair of Finance and Audit Committee, Kearsarge School Board; Member, Board of Directors, New Hampshire Legal Assistance; Member, Advisory Council, New Hampshire Endowment for Health; Board Member, Legal Advice and Referral Center; Member, Capitol Center for the Arts; Trustee, Pillsbury Free Library.
- Paul Burkett Member, Board of Directors, McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center Commission.
- Dave Collins Chairman, Bedford Conservation Commission; Board of Directors, Queen City Kiwanis; Director, New Hampshire Wildlife Federation; Board of Trustees, Manchester Visiting Nurse Association.
- Barbara Greenwood Volunteer, Friends of Manchester Animal Shelter; Member, Boston Bar Association, Health Law Section.
- Steve Lauwers Former chairman, Concord Regional Visiting Nurse Association; Former director, Capital Region Health Care; Past-President, Bow Rotary Club; Member, Federation of Regulatory Counsel; Member, New Hampshire Advisory Group on Health Insurance.
- Maria Holland Law Member and Former Chair, Board of Trustees, The Palace Theatre Trust; Chair, Board of Director, VNA Foundation of Manchester and Southern New Hampshire; Member, Board of Directors, The Women’s Fund of New Hampshire; Secretary, Mills Falls Charter School Foundation; Member, Derryfield School, Board of Trustees.
- Michael Lewis Member, Hearings Committee, New Hampshire Supreme Court Attorney Discipline System; Member, Board of Directors, Merrimack County Bar Association; Vice President, Board of Trustees, New Hampshire Superior Court Society.
- Kathryn Michaelis: Member, Paint the Town 2012 Committee, Kimball Jenkins School of Art; Board Member, Friends of the Baker Free Library; Assistant Coach, Bow Athletic Club Girls Softball; Member, Advisory Board, New England State and Local Tax Forum; Member, Vermont Tax Advisory Board.
- Gina Powers Member, Government Affairs Committee, Manchester Chamber of Commerce; Member, Board of Directors, Moore Center Services; Member, Gender Ambassador’s Panel, New Hampshire Women’s Initiative; Volunteer, New Hampshire Home Health and Hospice Care; Member, Board of Directors, Mary Gale Foundation.
- Chris Sullivan Board of Trustees and Treasurer, New England State and Local Tax Forum; Commissioner, New England Association of Schools and College; Trustee, Concord Community Music School.
- Adam Varley Chairman, Nashua Planning Board; Member, Board of Directors, Greater Nashua Dental Connection.
- Diane Vlahos Member, Board of Directors, Human Resources Association of Greater Concord; Member, Society for Human Resources Management; Member, International Legal Technology Association; Former board member, Concord American Little League.
- Glenn Wallace Coach and Volunteer, Merrimack Youth Association; Member, Highway Safety Committee, Town of Merrimack, New Hampshire.
- Curt Whittaker Member, The Friends Program; Member, Second Start; Member, Concord Country Club.
- Chuck Willing Treasurer, Kuster for Congress, 2015-16 election cycle; Member, Concord (NH) Energy and Environment Committee; Member and Board Member of Rotary Club of Concord, New Hampshire; Former President and Board Member, the Friends Program, Concord, NH; Former Board Member, Concord Trust for the Advancement of Public Education; Former Board Member, Concord Regional Visiting Nurse Association; Former Little League and Youth Soccer Coach.