David G. Collins is the President of RYP Granite Strategies and also serves as the Director of Rath and Young’s Government Relations Practice Group. David assists a wide range of clients in achieving their goals through the development and implementation of successful public policy strategies before state legislative and executive branches.
A veteran lobbyist, with a wealth of front line experience on a full range of business issues and a keen understanding of NH Government, David has the demonstrated experience and knowledge to successfully assist a client’s interactions with all elements of state government. He has considerable experience with controversial issues and crisis communications.
David’s practice has substantial experience with industries including health care, electric utilities, telecommunications, oil and gas, financial services and insurance.
Prior to his joining the firm of Rath, Young and Pignatelli, David served as Director of Government Relations for Public Service of New Hampshire. As New Hampshire moved toward electric deregulation, David played a key role in the intense and extensive negotiations that led to a settlement that reduced electric bills for New Hampshire residents while at the same time preserving the utility’s financial viability. Prior to his work with Public Service of New Hampshire, David worked as a biologist for the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department.
The information and materials contained on the Rath, Young and Pignatelli, P.C. website are intended for informational purposes only. The information you obtain from this website does not constitute legal advice and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The content of an e-mail or any other communication or material sent to the firm or any of its attorneys will not create an attorney-client relationship and, until an attorney-client relationship is otherwise formed, will not be treated as confidential. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own particular situation.Accept
- St. Anselm College, B.A.
- Representing the state’s largest electric utility, during some of the company’s most tumultuous years. His utility experiences include dealing with a variety of controversial and often emotionally charged issues including nuclear power plant construction, electric rate matters, bankruptcy, utility acquisitions and deregulation initiatives.
- Helping to facilitate the development and approval of a state land swap that cleared the way for the construction of an 18-hole private golf course.
- Achieving multiple-year, state budget funding for a health care facility and a nonprofit youth agency.
- Assisting a residential development company successfully navigate through multiple agency, legislative and executive branch approvals necessary for a large lakeside housing development.
- Chairman, Bedford Conservation Commission
- Board of Directors, Past President, Queen City Kiwanis
- Director, New Hampshire Wildlife Federation
- Board of Trustees, Manchester Visiting Nurses Association
- Member, The Advocacy Group, Board of Directors
- Vice-Chairman, NH Air Resources Council