Adam focuses on business litigation and medical-legal matters in State and Federal courts, and before the State Professional Boards including the Boards of Medicine, Nursing, Psychologists, Mental Health, Chiropractic, and Dentistry. Adam has litigated a diverse range of cases and appeals involving professional negligence, business torts, contractual and employment matters, as well as partnership and limited liability company disputes.
Before returning to his home state of New Hampshire, Adam practiced in Washington, D.C.
The information and materials contained on the Rath, Young and Pignatelli, P.C. website are intended for informational purposes only. The information you obtain from this website does not constitute legal advice and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The content of an e-mail or any other communication or material sent to the firm or any of its attorneys will not create an attorney-client relationship and, until an attorney-client relationship is otherwise formed, will not be treated as confidential. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own particular situation.Accept
- Lead counsel in defense of medical malpractice claims against physicians, other medical professionals, hospitals and practice groups.
- Lead counsel in defense of medical professionals before state regulatory Boards and in credentialing disputes.
- Lead counsel in worker’s compensation insurance premium cases involving claims for breach of contract, fraud and piercing the corporate veil.
- Represented companies in disputes over non-competition, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements.
- Asserted minority shareholder rights in family business disputes.
- Obtained summary judgment order in products liability case, finding that plaintiff must produce expert testimony of res ipsa loquitur claim of a faulty elevator door sensor.
- Prosecute personal injury claims on behalf of persons injured in motor vehicle crashes and other types of accidents.
- Enforced promissory note against limited liability company (LLC) and individuals, resulting in foreclosure on large commercial property.
- Defended real estate developers against claims of breach of fiduciary duty, breach of limited liability company (LLC) agreements and violations of securities laws.
- Brought Federal Court action to protect confidential corporate and financial documents from disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
- Represented closely-held corporation in employment litigation against former controller that included allegations of financial improprieties and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented professionals in disputes over the dissolution of business entities.
- Leadership New Hampshire, Class of 2014
- Capitol Center for the Arts, Trustee, 2013-2016
- New Hampshire Bar, Board of Governors, 2017-2019