Maria joined the firm in March of 2009. She is a member of the Energy Law, Business and Finance, Education and the Non-Profit Practice Groups and also serves on the firm’s Management Committee. Her practice focuses primarily on the real estate and corporate aspects of solar, wind and hydro-electric renewable energy projects. She assists national and local companies in performing due diligence and closing transactions involving the acquisition, sale and financing of renewable energy projects throughout the country. She also counsels corporate and individual clients in commercial real estate transactions. In addition, Maria has advised charitable trust and non-profit organizations in the areas of corporate governance, maintenance of 501(c)(3) status and collaboration of mission-driven non-profit organizations.
Prior to joining the firm, Maria practiced law with Nixon, Peabody, LLP and McLane, Graf, Raulerson & Middleton, PA, both in Manchester, New Hampshire.
Maria was raised in New Hampshire and continues to demonstrate leadership and dedication in her service of the community. She is an active participant in Manchester based, as well as statewide, non-profit organizations.
The information and materials contained on the Rath, Young and Pignatelli, P.C. website are intended for informational purposes only. The information you obtain from this website does not constitute legal advice and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The content of an e-mail or any other communication or material sent to the firm or any of its attorneys will not create an attorney-client relationship and, until an attorney-client relationship is otherwise formed, will not be treated as confidential. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own particular situation.Accept
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 1985
- Vassar College, A.B., 1979
- New Hampshire
- Representing owners, purchasers of and lenders to renewable energy projects, including solar, wind, landfill gas and hydroelectric and lenders in mergers and acquisition transactions.
- Performing due diligence for lenders and purchasers of renewable energy projects.
- Negotiating purchase and sale agreements, drafting commercial real estate conveyance and lease documents, and closing commercial real estate transactions on behalf of sellers and purchasers.
- Leading and managing due diligence investigations for clients acquiring renewable energy projects
- Strategic planning and analysis of due diligence issues required to consummate asset and stock sale transactions for corporate and renewable energy clients with a particular focus on solar, hydro-electric, wind and bio fuels projects.
- Representing property owners in development of commercial real estate projects and the resolution of title matters and negotiation of title insurance policy coverage.
- Collaboration with engineers, title companies, property owners as well as municipal and state agencies to achieve client objectives in commercial real estate matters.
- Representing lenders and borrowers in corporate and real estate project financing transactions.
- Representing charitable 501(c)(3) trust organizations on corporate governance matters and before the Probate Court and the New Hampshire Attorney General’s Office, Division of Charitable Trusts.
- Former Chair and Current Member, The Palace Theatre Trust Board of Trustees
- Chair, Board of Directors, VNA Foundation of Manchester & Southern NH
- Chair, Mills Falls Charter School Foundation
- Former Member, The Women’s Fund of New Hampshire Board of Directors
- Former Chair, Board of Directors, Child Health Services Board of Directors
- Former Member, Board of Incorporators New Hampshire Charitable Foundation, Manchester Region
- Former Member, Board of Trustees, The Derryfield School
- Former Chair, The Derryfield School Alumni Council
- Former Member, New Hampshire Performing Arts Center Board of Directors
- Participant, 2000 New Hampshire Leadership Program
- Participant, 1990 Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce Leadership Program