ADVOCATE FOR THE MEDICAL PROFESSION
Attorney Michael Pignatelli is head of the firm’s medical-litigation department. After earning his law degree, he worked as an Assistant Attorney General and Chief of the Criminal Justice Division where he gained extensive trial experience.
Mike has specialized in the defense of medical malpractice cases and in assisting physicians and their practices in legal issues of all kinds. He and the firm are well-known in the New Hampshire medical community and enjoy the trust of many medical clients in assisting them through the difficult process of litigation and in a wide variety of other legal matters. Mike defends cases aggressively and has produced excellent trial and settlement results. An accomplished trial lawyer, he is adept at investigating and handling all strategy decisions to bring a case through discovery and trial, and if necessary, through appeal. He has worked closely with physicians in a wide range of medical specialties.
Mike has been acknowledged by his peers. He has been inducted into the American College of Trial Lawyers, by invitation only. The College is the premier trial Bar organization of experienced lawyers “who have mastered the art of advocacy.” He has been honored by his peers in The Best Lawyers in America, in Super Lawyers, Corporate Edition, and Super Lawyers of New England. He has achieved Martindale-Hubbell’s highest peer-review rating of A (pre-eminent legal ability) and V (meeting the highest ethical standards).
The defense of medical malpractice claims requires a sound knowledge of medicine and of litigation practice. Mike has taken numerous medical courses and has learned from extensive interaction with physicians in all fields of medicine.
Mike recognizes the toll that medical malpractice lawsuits and depositions take on physicians. He educates his clients carefully about the process, deals with the anxiety they feel, and gains their confidence and cooperation through meticulous preparation.
The founding partners first met when Thomas Rath was Attorney General for the State of New Hampshire. Michael Pignatelli worked as Assistant Attorney General and Chief of the Criminal Justice Division in which he prosecuted and supervised the prosecutions of homicide and white-collar crime cases for the State of New Hampshire. Sherry Young specialized in the areas of environmental law and probate law. Since its founding, the Firm has added exceptional lawyers, and has grown to the seventh largest firm in New Hampshire.
Rath, Young and Pignatelli is a dynamic firm. It is recognized and respected throughout New Hampshire and beyond the state’s borders. Its lawyers have demonstrated skill at handling the most complex cases and have earned a reputation for producing results for their clients.
From the firm’s offices in Concord, Nashua, and Boston, the litigation attorneys practice in all ten New Hampshire Superior Courts, in the United States District Court, in the courts throughout New England, and in other states in conjunction with local counsel.
Rath, Young and Pignatelli is New Hampshire’s representative to the prestigious State Capital Global Law Firm Group, an association of independent law firms practicing in their respective state capitals and in most capital cities throughout the industrial world.
Please learn more about us on our website at www.rathlaw.com.
The information and materials contained on the Rath, Young and Pignatelli, P.C. website are intended for informational purposes only. The information you obtain from this website does not constitute legal advice and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The content of an e-mail or any other communication or material sent to the firm or any of its attorneys will not create an attorney-client relationship and, until an attorney-client relationship is otherwise formed, will not be treated as confidential. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own particular situation.Accept
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 1979
- University of Massachusetts, M.B.A., magna cum laude, 1973
- New Hampshire
- Represented a high-tech company in a California lawsuit for environmental claims.
- Represented doctors and hospitals in professional liability actions and variety of legal matters.
- Represented a business for damages resulting from negligent representation of the assets of a purchased company.
- Settled a multi-million dollar environmental insurance claim for a corporate client.
- Negotiated substantial settlement for corporation in breach of contract claim.
- Prosecute personal injury claims on behalf of persons injured in motor vehicle crashes and other types of accidents.
- Former Assistant Attorney General and Chief of Criminal Division.
- Past member of Nashua Police Commission
- Former member of Nashua Board of Aldermen
- Past member of New Hampshire Judicial Council
- State Board of American College of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers
- Martindale Hubbell’s highest peer rating of A-V (pre-eminent legal ability and meeting highest ethical standards)
- Selected by peers and listed in Best Lawyers of America
- Selected by peers and listed in New England Super Lawyers
- Member, New Hampshire Bar Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute