Rath, Young and Pignatelli is proud to have professionals who have had experience serving in the public sector.
Through these experiences, our professionals have developed a deeper understanding of how and why laws are made, and how public officials make decisions about when and where to enforce laws.
Some examples of public service by our professionals are:
- Tom Rath Attorney General of the State of New Hampshire, 1978-1980
- Sherry Young Legal Counsel, Governor Judd Gregg, 1987-1988; Trustee, Vice-Chair and Legal Advisor, University System of New Hampshire, 1990-1997
- Mike Pignatelli Assistant Attorney General, Chief of the Criminal Bureau, New Hampshire Department of Justice, 1979-1984
- Bill Ardinger Elected Member, New Hampshire House of Representatives, 1980-1982
- Ken Bartholomew Law Clerk, Judge Paul Barbadoro, United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire, 1996-1997
- Paul Burkett U.S. Navy Submarine Officer, 1987-1992
- Dave Collins Member, New Hampshire Air Resources Council, 2001-present
- Steve Lauwers Assistant Commissioner, New Hampshire Department of Insurance, 1997-2000
- Mike Lewis Assistant Attorney General, New Hampshire Department of Justice, 2007-2013
- Chris Sullivan Deputy Director of Public Liaison and Intergovernmental Affairs, United States Department of Justice, 1995-1996.
Our former colleagues have continued their public service by serving as:
- Lucy Hodder – Professor of Law, UNH Director of Health Law and Policy Programs; Former General Counsel to Governor Maggie Hassan.
- Paul Barbadoro – Federal District Judge, District of New Hampshire
- Annie Mclane Kuster – Representative 2nd Congressional District