One Capital Plaza
Concord, New Hampshire 03302
- Georgetown University Law School, J.D., 1971
Dartmouth College, B.A., 1967
- Tom Rath writes about his good friend Howard Baker, who died on Thursday, June 26, 2014.
- Rath, Young and Pignatelli, P.C. Attorneys Included in 2013 New England Super Lawyers List
- Founding Partners Named Best Lawyers® 2014 “Lawyer of the Year.”
- Rath, Young and Pignatelli, P.C. Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014
- Rath, Young and Pignatelli Attorneys Selected Among the Nation's Best Lawyers
- Thomas Rath, Sherilyn Young, Michael Pignatelli and William Ardinger selected among New England Super Lawyers®
- Rath, Young and Pignatelli, P.C. Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013
- Tom Rath Serves as Delegate and Committee Member at the 2012 Republican National Convention
- Supreme Court Decision on Affordable Health Care Act Expected Soon
- Tom Rath and Lucy Hodder recognized as Top Attorneys by Business NH Magazine
- Tom Rath featured in Bloomberg News
- Rath, Young and Pignatelli, P.C. Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America® 2012
- Rath, Young and Pignatelli Features Seven Attorneys on the National 2011 Best Lawyers® List
- Tom Rath on NPR's Talk of the Nation
- Tom Rath Discusses Sarah Palin in the Washington Post
- Tom Rath Discusses the Retirement of Justice David Souter on NHPTV's NH Outlook
- Thomas D. Rath Appointed to RNC Temporary Delegate Selection Committee
- Thomas Rath Awarded The James "Red" Hayes Award
- Rath, Young and Pignatelli Announces Organization of The Rath Group
SEMINARS AND PRESENTATIONS
Tom, the founder of the firm and former Attorney General of New Hampshire, has been actively involved in government relations since entering private practice in 1980. Tom has represented insurance and banking clients before the respective New Hampshire regulatory commissions. Among others, Tom has represented such clients as Fidelity Investments, Dartmouth College, Anthem and Gilbane on legislative, administrative and government relations issues in New Hampshire, New England and nationally. Tom also directed the public and government relations efforts for our client, Northeast Utilities, in its successful acquisition of Public Service Company of New Hampshire.
He was appointed by President George H. W. Bush to be a director of the Legal Services Corporation. Tom served as the Chairman of the election campaigns of New Hampshire's former U.S. Senators, Warren Rudman and Judd Gregg and he actively assisted in the U.S. Senate process that confirmed David Souter as Supreme Court Justice. Tom has served as a senior national advisor to the presidential campaigns of Howard Baker, Robert Dole, Lamar Alexander, Mitt Romney and George W. Bush. He has been a delegate to the 1984, 1988, 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008 and 2012 Republican National Conventions and he was the Republican Party National Committeeman for New Hampshire from 1996-2000 and 2002-2007. Tom is widely respected as a political analyst at both the state and national level and he appears regularly on national, regional and state television newsmaker programs.
Tom has served as chairman and a member of the Board of Trustees of Daniel Webster College, he was a member of the Board of Visitors of the Rockefeller Center for the Social Sciences at Dartmouth College, a member of the Dartmouth Medical School Board of Overseers and a member of the Dartmouth College Committee on Trustees. He has been a director of the Concord Chamber of Commerce and the N.H. Business and Industry Association. Tom is currently a member of the Advisory Board of the New Hampshire Institute of Politics at St. Anselm College and he served on the Board of Directors for Associated Grocers of New England and serves on the Board of Lincoln Financial Variable Investment Products Trust. He also serves on the New England Council Board of Directors.
In 2004, Tom along with Judi Rhines founded The Rath Group, which provides specialized strategic consulting services to New England and national business and not-for-profit entities. Tom and Judi work in Concord, Boston and Washington, D.C.
- Attorney General, State of New Hampshire, 1978-1980
- Immediate Past Chairman, Board of Directors, The New England Council
Past Member, Board of Directors, Associated Grocers of New England
Member, Board of Directors, Lincoln Financial Variable Investment Products Trust
Member, Advisory Committee, The New Hampshire Institute of Politics, St. Anselm College
Member, Temporary Delegate Selection Committee, Republican National Committee
- Senior Advisor-NH, Romney for President, 2007-2008 and 2010-2012
Senior Advisor-NH, Bush for President, 1999-2000
Senior Advisor, Alexander for President, 1995-1999
Senior National Advisor, Dole for President Committee, 1987-1988
National Committeeman, Republican National Committee, 1996-2000 and 2002-2007
Member, Rules Committee, Republican National Committee
Campaign Strategist, Gregg for Senate, 1992
Chief Strategist and Chairman, Rudman for Senate Committee, 1980, 1985-1987
Republican National Conventions Delegate, 1984, 1988, 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012
Tom appears regularly as a political analyst on both national and regional news programs. He also speaks frequently to groups in New Hampshire and throughout New England on a variety of legal and political issues.
Included in Best Lawyers in America 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
Included in New England Super Lawyers in Government Relations law yearly since 2007
- Law Clerk, the Honorable Clarkson Fisher, United States District Court, District of New Jersey, 1971-1972